CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12.30.2009

I am a teen ; also I want a sparkling vampire boyfriend.

Raise your hand if you enjoy totally contrived ridiculous fiction in the form of an atrociously written vampire (and I use that term loosely) romance novel.
Me neither.Until Twilight.

I’m sorry.
I AM SORRY BUT I LIKED IT.
Hate me if you will. I admit the movie was no cinematic masterpiece. It was actually quite poorly made. The acting was mediocre, the dialogue was TERRIBLE…but when the credits rolled, all I could think of was how badly I wanted my very own chalky-toned, amber-eyed, vampire boyfriend. Who sparkles in sunlight. And doesn’t feed on humans. Because that ain’t cool, apparently.
It’s partially this guy’s fault:

That would be Jackson Rathbone, my new boyfriend. He’s in a band called 100 monkeys that base most of their songs on improv. He’s also very talented at playing a schizophrenic. Saw it on some show called “Criminal Minds”, which I believe to be American? Anyway. There’s my latest unattainable goal whom I have pictures of on my aptop.
I mean I don’t.
Back to Twilight. As a film, it was complete garbage. But the story…Stephanie Meyer, as crazy and trapped-in-an-emo-teenager’s-body as she may be, knows exactly what every single one of us has at least once in our lives thought OMG EVERLASTING LOVE WITH THE PERFECT GUY SWOONY MCFLAWLESS (AND OH LOOK HE’S A VAMPIRE HOW FRIGGIN RAD IS THIS) …you get the point.
I have a few friends that enjoy it also, for the same reasons. Well that, and the fact that the male cast is prettier than what’s even remotely fair.
Avoiding the screaming eleventeen* year olds at book releases though (I save that shit for Harry Potter, bitches.), I can admittedly like this film and poke as much fun at it as I like, because, well…it’s easy.

I hope I never write anything like this again. I should be shot. Why am I even still awake?

* Haha..ya like my vocab?