CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.30.2010

My Life As Liz: Even in 2010, Teenagers Will Be Teenagers

     So, earlier this week I was flipping through the channels and I saw that My Life As Liz was on. Mental Dialogue: Oh, I've heard of that show. The girl on there kinda looks like Hayley from Paramore. Cool.
And I watched it. I watched a 'reality' show on that God-forsaken channel, that is MTV.

Y'know what? I liked it.

   The storyline was so easy to relate to! And yeah, it's probably scripted, and isn't flawless, but that's the POINT. I read something on this website where some chick was attacking Liz for saying 'Whatever...MTV made me do this." What?! It's a joke!
Quote from the WWW:

"To actually be a 'dork' implies some degree of social ineptitude or embrace of aspects of culture that may not be considered cool or mainstream, but which in turn unite those social outcasts in their own small way. Hot chicks co-opting the term 'dork' to make themselves appear more adorable [...] undermines the entire concept of the term, and insults actual dorks Middle Earth-wide."

   The thing is, in whatever part of Texas she's from, owning a lizard, shopping at thrift stores, being vegan, reading comic books, hanging with the guys, and red hair aren't cool or mainstream. And why can't a dork be hot? Huh?

   The people who toss insults at this show are mostly older that the character, right? Soo...In there world, Liz would be considered 'cool' or 'popular' or 'edgy'. In my school, Liz would just be a nerdy weirdo. Kinda like me. Which is why I love the show!

Finally, MTV has created a show that I can fully relate to! w00t!
 The whole 'I used to be best friends with the popular girls' thing?  Check.
 Non-mainstream (for your school, anyway) taste in music?   Check.
 'Odd' clothing choices?   Check.
  Sarcastic sense of humor?   Check.
  Repulsion toward the more..*sigh* 'popular people'?   Check.
  Hanging with guys a lot?  Check.
  Slightly geeky choice in books? Or reading AT ALL?  Double check.


    "Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts. It never goes away."



Chromeo - Fancy Footwork .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine